Featuring more than 125 mouthwatering recipes from our Eat Fit partners throughout Louisiana, the Eat Fit Cookbook proves that the delicious choice is now the healthy choice.
New Orleans, affectionately called the Crescent City, has a reputation for guilty pleasures and divine deep-fried delicacies. In our culture, food is more than nourishment—it’s our muse. Five minutes after lunch, we’re talking about dinner. But usually we are talking about the decadence of our meals, not the healthfulness.
That's where the Eat Fit cookbook comes in. This cookbook showcases recipes from Louisiana's renowned chefs, however it intentionally illustrates how to recreate these iconic dishes to be as nutritious as they are delicious.
Not only are these healthful dishes impressive enough to appear on New Orleans’ most acclaimed menus, they are also easy enough to make at home.
- Easy to follow recipes, including pro tips from renowned chefs
- Hardcover, perfect for your coffee table
- Over 200 pages of nutritional profiles
- Beautiful imagery of Louisiana's most iconic dishes
Also available at the following locations:
- Ochsner Fitness Center - Harahan (1200 S. Clearview Pkwy.)
- Ochsner Company Store (For Ochsner Employees)
- Home Malone (629 N. Carrollton Ave. & 4610 Magazine St.)
- Octavia Books (513 Octavia St.)
- Barnes & Noble
- Robert Fresh Market (BR + NOLA)
- Garden District Book Shop
- Red Stick Spice Company (BR)
- The Market on Broad (Ozark, Alabama)
About Eat Fit: Ochsner Health System, set out to take the guesswork out of dining out healthfully, to make the healthy choice the easy choice. In 2013, Ochsner collaborated with some of the most iconic restaurants in the New Orleans region to create Ochsner Eat Fit, a program that encourages chefs to offer nutritious, delicious meals for those who want to eat clean, watch their weight, and manage diabetes, blood pressure, and cholesterol. This program is led by the passion and expertise of Ochsner's registered dietitian, Molly Kimball. For more information or to download our Eat Fit app, visit ochsnereatfit.com